Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

2010 Freightliner dd13 has eec 61 code

Customer Question

2010 Freightliner dd13 has eec 61 code
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Fault code EEC 61 is telling the driver there is a problem with Aftertreatment system. Since this is a 2013, depending on the mileage, this truck is probably under Detroit warranty and I suggest taking it in for repair ASAP. If ignored, the problem could get worse, or eventually derate the engine so bad your truck will only go 5mph. I would locate the nearest Detroit or Freightliner dealer and drop it off for service before it gets to bad you will have to end up towing it there.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael