Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2010 international durastar maxxforce dt. last 8 of

Customer Question

I have a 2010 international durastar maxxforce dt. last 8 of vin are AH167180. Last used Monday. started this morning and ran for 2-3 minutes and sounded like it was starving for fuel and shut off. hasn't started since.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. my name is ***** ***** When you turn the key on , can you hear the electric fuel pump running for the first 10 to 20 seconds?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! I am still waiting for an update on this ! Please do not forget to rate my service if we are done . Feedbak is important . Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can hear the pump running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if we connect the heater it doesn't start but if we put a diesel blower heater it will start? low temp was 48-50 last night.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

So if you warm the engine up , it starts ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the intake heater may not be working properly . Have you checked it ?