Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 96 international 444e. it cranks, but no smoke, and

Customer Question

I have a 96
international 444e. it cranks, but no smoke, and no start, no wait to start light on the dash. I have replaced the all three computers recently, checked all the fuses/breakers,(even re arranged the breakers in case one was bad) and have put two new GPRs on it. I can get it to start if I use a jump wire on the GRP, small terminal on the left side to the hot wire. As long as I leave the jump wire hooked up long enough for the computers to cycle, I can unhook the jump and it will stay running. If I shut off the truck, it wont start again unless I re-hook the jump wire and let it cycle again.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We already fixed the truck
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok what did you find ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the small relays on the firewall close to the IDM
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok glad to hear you are up and running ! Sorry it took so long to respond to your question ! I just got on here just now and saw it so I figured i would check and see . Take care and thanks for trying us out . If you ever need anything International , or cummins , just request for Andy . Take care .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Take care !