Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2003 ford f250 7.3 power stroke. Throwing no codes, crank,

Customer Question

2003 ford f250 7.3 power stroke. Throwing no codes, long crank, will start after several times. Does drain battery, oil pressure gauge shows pressure. Runs rough with engine light on until warms up. The light goes off. Once warmed up starts easy until,
cooled down. Replaced ICP due to oil residue inside it. I'm thinking HPOP
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the engine light coming on with this issue here the first thing that should be done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed and repaired and will help locate the fault here.

This sounds like a possible lack of fuel when cold and may be an issue with a pump not supplying enough fuel pressure or volume,a leak in the fuel supply to the pump or possibly even a fault with a restricted fuel filter in some cases.I have also seen faulty reading engine coolant temp sensors sending a false signal that the engine is already warmed up when it isn't that will cause a cold start issue here.

All of these will need to be checked into to locate if and which is at fault here and then repaired from there to correct the fault.If all of these were already checked into and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.