Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Detroit 60, new Ecm, electronic shift auto/manual

Customer Question

Detroit 60, new Ecm, electronic shift auto/manual transmission. Backed up stopped placed in neutral but it would not release reverse gear. Jumped solenoid to place it in neutral now it won't release neutral. Ecm won't reset show faults.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Mr Charles, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

I need yr, make, model, number of truck and transmission?

Miles?

Are you talking about engine ecm or trans ecm?

Any lights flashing?

When backing up was it to a dock in did it hit hard?

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freightliner Century Classic, 2007, over a million miles. No dock involved just making a tight turn. Trans Ecm, yes flashing light. All of my resort leads toward the Ecm. Could I be right
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Not necessarily a TCM issue

What fault codes do you have and the model number of trans?

Let me know

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Otherwise the website does not credit me and keeps
all of your fee to themselves,,please don't let them get away with it,,rate okay or higher using smiley faces for me
to get credit I deserve for my work!