Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2007 Volvo VNL with a D12 with a auto trany and i

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Volvo VNL with a D12 with a auto trany and i have loss of power and it will not go over 1500 rpms when in Neutral and its very slow.
I have replaced both egrs because there where codes for them(mid128 sid266 fmi6 and mid128 sid146 fmi5) and it still has the same issue as before but now i have a codes Mid128 PID412 Fmi4 that will not erase and had code mid128 pid412 fmi0 that has erased. thanks for any help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am thinking about changing that egr sensor but have not done so but really need to know if you have come across this exact same problem and i also was wondering even if not listed, could a boost sensor do this? Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the exhaust tested/checked at all a restriction in the exhaust will cause a lack of power and can also cause EGR codes to set.If this has not been done I would see if there is a restriction in one of the exhaust components needing replaced or an issue with a damaged or bent exhaust component needing repaired or replaced.

If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me (Pete) know and we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your help but unfortunately I needed the response the same day and I figured out the issue my self. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Glad to see it has been resolved.Once again I do apologize for the delay.

Thanks Pete