Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2004 Volvo with ISX no throttle pedal. Only wants to idle.

Customer Question

2004 Volvo with ISX no throttle pedal. Only wants to idle. Code 0285 and 0241 go active/inactive
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'd like to assist you. Code 241 is for the Vehicle Speed Sensor. The ECM is not receiving a valid signal for that sensor. The sensor is actually the output speed sensor on the transmission. Code 285 is a multiplexing error. This means the ECM did not receive an expected signal from another device or computer, such as the transmission computer. If these 2 codes become active at the same time, there's a good chance the transmission is losing network communication with the engine. The best way to verify this is by using Cummins INSITE to check which ECM's are communicating with the engine over the. Etwork

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Over the network.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does Volvo send this thru the VIM or another source. then sensor and wiring under the cab ohm ok. Need a wiring diagram to find what sends signal to the engine ecm. It is a multiplexed signal.

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not have Volvo schematics. If you needs those diagrams I will repost your question for another expert to answer.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

May I get the full vehicle VIN so I can pull the diagrams. Which ones so you need?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4V4NC9TGX4N362862

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE for what came up for your VIN on the Volvo site.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not access the site.