Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I'm transporting a 2007 international with automatic. What

Customer Question

I'm transporting a 2007 international with automatic. What does the mode button mean beside the shifter. I know it has a higher gear but I can't get to it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

The mode button just takes you through the different diagnostic modes to be able to see what the oil level is, diagnostic codes, etc. It doesn;t have anything to do wit hthe shifting.

When you say you are transporting, if this is in tow, remove the driveshaft or you will burn the rear of the transmission out. I have to rebuild many of these because of the failure to remove the driveshaft when towed.

If transport as in the vehicle is being driven from point A to point B for the owner, then the top gear on the vehicle is gear 6. There are no higher gears on these.

Depending on the model, it can have a high ratio rear end. A lot of the Internationals have them where you can get up to only around 65 mph, sometimes 70, but that is rare on them. These run at higher RPMs than your standard manual. You can run them around 2800 to 2000 RPM and sometimes higher before they shift to the next gear. They top in 6th gear at 2400 RPMs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok That helps.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad it helps!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Did you need anymore assistance with this? I'm following up since the question is still showing as open/unresolved. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked. That was info I needed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That is what I needed to know. Now I can complete this question. To complete it on your end you do a rating.

If you have further questions, just return to this question if needed for all follow ups are free of charge if it is along the same vehicle and question.

Thanks and have a great day!