Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2006 gmc 4600 with a6.6 duramax, ,cranks over but

Customer Question

i have a 2006 gmc 4600 with a6.6 duramax, ,cranks over but will not start,changed filter housing and reprimed,still nothing,no codes,i have high fuel pressure during cranking and oil pressure
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your anti theft light is on or flashing on the dash when you try and crank the vehicle then let go of the key (without turning it back or off any) with this issue here this indicates a theft issue and may be one of the anti theft components that has failed needing replaced or a relearn done to correct this fault here.If this is what is occuring on your dash with this issue let me know so we can continue as well as let me know if this is not what is occuring here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

has no theft light on,no wait to start ,cannot get light to come on thru scanner

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line this last weekend.

Have you had the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set at all in all computers in your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no codes

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are you using a compatible scan tool that has the ability to turn on the lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have a snap-on solus

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does the theft or wait to start come on at all with the key first on with a cold or warm engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to communicate with the engine computer as well as the body computer with the scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,looking through my info on this here unfortunately I don't have the full diagrams on this model here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete