Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

60 series on a hard pull it's like. U shut fuel off loose

Customer Question

60 series on a hard pull it's like. U shut fuel off loose power no throttle for a sec then picks up but doesn't
Have what it had?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a lack of fuel intermittently.Usually what will cause an intermittent lack of fuel is the fuel pump/injection pump being weak cutting out the fuel supply or fuel volume intermittently.I have seen pumps like this cause this fault before with the pump needing replaced.This is most common.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set as well as the fuel system tested when this is acting up this needs done.It can be difficult to pinpoint the fault without it acting up so it is best to have this tested when acting up.In some cases I have had to ask my customers if I can hold onto their vehicle for a day or more so I could operate it off and on to duplicate then diagnose and repair the fault.I suspect this will be a fuel issue with lack of fuel to the injectors.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I'm a different expert than the one above.

Is this a EGR engione? Can I get the full VIN of the vehicle so I can have an idea of what we are working with here? I ask for if this is a EGR, there are different issues between it and a non EGR engine. For example, if this is a EGR engine, the issue could be the EGR itself acting up or the sensors that support it. If a non EGR engine, you could have a misreading on the TRS or SRS sensors causing the engine to "hiccup" with the injector fuel output creating this issue that you have.

Having more engine info will really help with this issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy