Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

We have an older 860 rock truck that dosent always engage

Customer Question

we have an older 860 rock truck that dosent always engage the*****in low range
what are some things to check
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with the transfer case internally.I have seen the shift fork wear or break and can bind and cause issues like this here as well as other damage internally in the transfer case with the transfer case needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.I would have the transfer case inspected to see if the fault can be located and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.