Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2001 Nissan UD 1800 that is overfueling and smoking

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Nissan UD 1800 that is overfueling and smoking like crazy. It trowing a intermediate code 35 anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.

Per my info, the code 35 has to do with the exhaust temps sensor. This could be due to the overfueling.

Usually when you get overfueling on a diesel injector, the injector is bad. The tip could be blown off, the intrnal valve isn;t closing all the way, or the solenoid isn't responding.

I suggest pulling the injectors and having them tested to see which one is bad. There is a test called a pop test that will check to see that hte valve is working properly inside the injector and it will measure the spray pattern off the injector to make sure the injector tip isn't damaged.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed my response. Did you still need assistance with this?