Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I got a Mack with code 5246 operator inducement severity Eco

Customer Question

I got a Mack with code 5246 operator inducement severity Eco code antsy help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 2012 v-Mac IV and its Ecm not Eco also the debate timer has started should I try a forced regen.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do a forced regen on the truck if there are no other codes. If there are other codes, then they need to be corrected first. If this is the only code, do a forced regen and monitor the flame temp sensors. Verify that they are getting high enough. MP7 engines should be floating around 2,000 degrees on the inlet/pre-filter side and 1600 degrees on the outlet side. If the temps are lower, there is another fault in the regen system.

Usually when I see this code, a forced regen will resolve the issue. If it doesn't, the air valve that feeds the atomizer module is usually bad. It isn't sending enough air to give a good fuel/air mixture for the regen to perform properly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Did you need anymore assistance with this? I'm following up since the question is still showing as open/unresolved. Thanks.