Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have ddec 2 detriot that only runs on 4,5,&6 I alas ready

Customer Question

I have ddec 2 detriot that only runs on 4,5,&6 I alas ready replaced ECM and injector harness
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Have you tried doing an injector swap to see if the issue moves? It may sound weird, but you could have had a short in the harness for the ground on the 1,2,3 that wiped out the electronic solenoids on the injectors, especially if you have a Jacob's brake add on to this engine.

Otherwise, on the ECM change out, I'm presuming all the programming was done? Have you ohm tested the new harness? Have you checked the pin contacts on the harness to injectors to make sure there is nothing loose? For you to still have this issue after changing the harness and ECM, it leans to injectors for that is the only thing left in the electrical loop since the harness goes direct to the ECM and the ground for all 6 injectors use the same ground in the ECM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Did you need anymore assistance with this? I'm following up since the question is still showing as open/unresolved. Thanks.