Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 06 dt466E I am experiencing air in the fuel system,

Customer Question

I have a 06 dt466E I am experiencing air in the fuel system, I have replaced the flared supply line O rings cked the o rings on the filter housing and changed the hand primer pump as it was leaking profusely when you unscrewed it in the pumping position... I can take the top offthe filter housing and fill the bowl and get it started... it runs for about 6-7 min then dies.. the primer pump never seems to get a full firm stroke it feels like it just isn't getting part fuel and part air... last week we got it cranked and ran it al day on a job then it sat for 36 hrs cranked then died on the way out of the shop driveway ... (when I say ran all day on a job I prob need to clarify it's a bucket truck and idles all day)
thanks for any help you may lend.
Tommy
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Andy I don't have the vin in front of me rt now ... I did change the pressure regulator in the filter housing and was able to make it run for almost 50min... it surged between 700-750 rpm then leveled out after it had run for 15min... this thing has been a real pain... and the local Stealership is not that much help ... I haven't driven it down the road yet but it seems to have good power at the moment, this ha been going on for a month ... and not sure it's healed yet.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you have Skype ? It would be better to talk about this rather than posting back and forth if possible . And I could send you anything needed for this that way as well .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have a Skype actt
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

It is a free program. You just download it and install it an create an account . You click on accept additional offer on here and I will send you my private skype contact . Then we could work together at this until your problem is solved . I could send you anything you need for that truck . And if you need me again , you will have my contact name .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does seem to be running well at the moment, I never did get a firm push or pull on the primer pump but it cranked anyway... I will see if it cranks and runs in the morning ...if I have further problems I will set up a Skype act... how long will I be able to discuss this with you till I will be charged again ? ... I'm not cheap...But I just took a pass through the International Stealership parts counter this afternoon LMBO
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Until the problem is resolved . And I can be reached on SKype as well if needed further too. I work days at a dealership but do check in at times on breaks .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update . Do you still need help ? I am still available to do Skype or work with you on here if needed . I like Skype better myself as we can work together on a more personal level to resolve the issue . I am here as long as you need sir . Thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Any luck ?