Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Have a 2006 International CF600 with VT275 engine warning

Customer Question

have a 2006 International CF600 with VT275 amber engine warning light came on and bout 5 miles it shut down and will not restart
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Check your coolant, oil, and fuses at the battery box. If these are good, then you only other option at this point is to check and see what codes are stored and you will need a scanner for that. Usually when the engine shuts down, it is fuel, oil, coolant, or pressure related on the 3. Otherwise it is an electrical fault and the computer will be needed on the other faults. I wish it was easier on these, but it isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe it set a code . Light is out now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is due Oil Change will change that and see Delo 400 LE is what I run,
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Delo is good oil.

You might have a thin oil issue if you are due for oil change soon which is what is probably causing the amber engine light. The oil has worn down a little bit giving a low oil presure or there is some debris caught in the oil and it got trapped over a sensor. It can happen a lot with these engines and make a tech/driver very frustrated when they come and go like that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed oil and filter, Fuel filters Pri & Sec . Engine started and ran until warm shut off with Key to recheck levels . Will not restart. While changing oil filter I Did find a small Spring and a plastic Plunger that broke off something in the oil filter housing !!!! ??????????
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

In the housing itself? That would be the check valve that keeps the engine primed. That would be the cause. I would change the whole housing for the threads didn't hold which means they are stripped. That will keep it from restarting for the oil can;t stay primed in the injectors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same problem ! will not start.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ~ My name is ***** ***** How can I help ?