Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I'm working on a 2014 Kenworth T8 with a cummins engine, I'm

Customer Question

Hi, I'm working on a 2014 Kenworth T8 with a cummins engine, I'm up fitting to be a nh3 tanker and is required by code to a have an RF handset that can kill the engine remotely, also I'm needing to hook up a secondary PTO and throttle control and would like to use the upfiitter plug on the firewall, everything I'm using is 12v. the truck already has factory dash controls, I have the diagram of the plugs terminals but not sure what sequence everything needs to be energized or what voltage is where, could some one please tell me how to hook this up or send me a wiring schematic to chase down what I'm looking at,. I've tried the local Kenworth dealership but they weren't sure how to tie into the upfitter wiring, thank you,Dustin
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has replied here with the info you are looking for on this model.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can get this info may not be online.

One place you might check is a dealer or authorized repair center for this model here to see if they can tell you how to install and connect these components and wiring here.If this was already attempted with no success or is not an option let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, thank you for a response. I've already tried local dealers and they were as helpful as could be but couldn't help much the said the tech that knew that end of things is no longer with them. That's what lead me here, anyway you could find that info or forward me copy of the schematics for that upfitter plug? Thank you, Dustin
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Pete, Yeah if any one else can help that would be great, Thank you, Dustin
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete