Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My 4730 gives me 2 code constantly. Low system Voltage and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there my 4730 gives me 2 code constantly. Low system Voltage and then BHC 158.01 Boom Hydraulics System. What to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. It just keeps giving me these errors while driving. What does it mean?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No. I'm in SA and off to bed. Need to wake up early, so you give me an answer in the next 5 hours.?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question.

The BHC code in question also indicates that the BHC switch supply voltage is low. If the alternator is working and the batteries are decent then the problem is most likely a connection or a ground issue. We have a great deal of trouble with the ground side of the circuit on sprayers. It is best to start by checking the ground buss bar in the battery compartment. Next check the F12 fuse which is the switch power fuse for the BHC controller. If the fuse checks good swap the K16 relay with another known good relay. If you have a volt meter test for power at the F12 fuse, with the engine running you should have at least 13 volts at the fuse.

Power goes from the K16 relay, out back of the cab and back to the SRC/BHC controller mounted behind the solution tank just behind the rear axle. Check any and all ground wires going to frame ground as eyelet style connectors.

If you are in need of further assistance simply let me know what you are finding based on the instructions above and I will gladly assist you with further diagnostics as needed.

Thanks,

Kevin