Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have code 4364/18. I change NOx sensors, regen, low regen,

Customer Question

I have code 4364/18 . I change NOx sensors , regen , low regen , done every thing in troubleshooting chart . I change doc and numbers where good for two weeks and code is back.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the year, make, model of vehicle and engine? Or provide the full VIN so I can assist you better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 freightliner cascadia - dd15 Detroit - vin 1FUJGDEDR1CSBL3523
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping it wasn't a DD engine. They are much more difficult.

Since you did follow the chart and the code came back, per Detroit, they want you to call them and report the issue as well as send the logs of the code return. The reason is the issue is unusual and they have to get involved and change some setting that are specific for the software on the truck, make the changes on their end, and have you reprogram the engine. They do adjustments with the sensitivity settings as well as some minor tweaks on the engine performance. I've had to go through it several times. It takes them about 4 hours to do it.

HERE is the sheet I'm referencing. Look at the very last step and the number is *****