spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I am having a problem with my 06 freightliner with Detroit.

Customer Question

hi I am having a problem with my 06 freightliner with Detroit. it is giving me Eng SNS supply volts low. I am reading code with a pro link. And also the fan is running all the time I have power at the plug not sure if it is controlled by ground and where would the ground come from?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is eng sns supply volts low.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Spanky and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician with over 30+ years experience that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

What code is prolink reading,, the numbers please?

You have two fuses that supply your ecm power they will either be in battery box,,next to ecm,,or by starter,,

The ecm needs constant battery voltage even with key off,,it also gets power from ignition switch to wake up ecm when key is turned on.

Eng SNS stands for sensor supply volts low,,all your engine sensors should have a 5v wire going to them from ecm,,that code is saying its low,,so the first thing you need to do is check voltage at fuses with key on and engine running,,should be the same as battery voltage.

You need to start with cleaning all battery cables and connections ,,find fuses and inspect for any corrosion,,repair any that are poor connections.

FL also has issues with pass through connections on engine firewall so make sure to check those,,also any ground post on firewall are common issues along with corrosion in fuse boxes.

Check ,,inspect, and repair all connections.

This is a self clearing code that will go away once problem is fixed,,it will also keep fan on!

Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Would you please rate positively or accept my answer,,, if you don't the website does not share the fee you paid with me for assisting you.

Thank you