Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 94 Volvo Wia with a TD 123 ec that got in an

Customer Question

I have a 94 Volvo Wia with a TD 123 ec that got in an accident on the left front.All the repairs are done and ready to start but will not fire, it just turns over I check and there is no power to the computer, good fuel pressure to the injection pump but not turning on, any idea?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the damaged area that was repaired was not inspected for any damaged wiring or connections this needs done.If a damaged wiring harness or electrical connection is found this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the wiring was repaired and inspected and they are all functioning ok I have no power to the engine control that is located in the cab below the dashboard
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Were all fuses checked in all fuse panels at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the fuses and relays are all good and power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I heard that this model has a shutdown relay in the brake system but I haven't found one yet
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info doesn't show anything on a shut down relay on this model here or its location.It is possible if this is equipped with this shut down relay that it is faulty needing replaced and I know on some models the fault codes need cleared out/erased after an accident like this before the vehicle will restart so if this hasn't been checked into this should be done as well.

The only other thing I can think of if all wiring is good is the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen some of those fail before needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that next and jump the switch to see if something happens also this model is a little older that you cannot plug into it it has a diagnostic switch but it doesn't seem to do anything typical Volvo for you I should have stick to paccar
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know if you find anything here on this and we can continue if needed.

Thanks Pete