Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

BOLSTER, I HAVE A 1995 GMC TOPKICK THAT USED TO BE AN OLD

Customer Question

HI MY NAME IS***** HAVE A 1995 GMC TOPKICK THAT USED TO BE AN OLD RYDER TRUCK. IT HAS THE ELECTRIC OVER HYDRALIC SYSTEM. IT LOCKED UP 2 YEARS AGO GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY. WE DISCONECTED THE POWER TO THE PUMP TO RELEASED THE BRAKE. I REPLACED THE BRAKE HARDWARE AND NOW I CAN NOT GET THE BRAKE TO RELEASE. WHEN I PUSH THE BUTTON TO RELEASE THE BRAKE, I HEAR THE SELENOID BUT NOTHING IS MOVING THE CABLE TO RELASE THE DRUM. ANY IDEAS?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any broken or damaged wiring to the solenoid or leading from the solenoid itself causing this fault here.I have seen in some cases before where broken or damaged wiring will cause this issue with the wiring needing repaired or replaced to correct this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the wiring is good, have power going to pump but no power to seleniod and I believe the seleniod powers the acuator to release the cable
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do that to see what we can find
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete