Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I hav a e7 with unit injector pumps. Now it has the return

Customer Question

I hav a e7 with unit injector pumps. Now it has blown the return fuel line from the cylinder head. We replaced it and straight away it did the same thing. Now the fuel isn't just dribbling out its like a garden hose size leak. Do I have a injector problem or what?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the return line open to the tank? The fuel has to be able to return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is. I took the return line off the cylinder head and started the engine and exesive fuel is coming from the head. Like a high pressure garden hose size stream. There should only be a small flow I would have thort considering it's only a 3/16 hose.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Please opt me out! I can't do it from here, site is messed up! Sorry I can't help!