Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Im looking at a 2006 Freightliner classic with a c15 the OEM

Customer Question

Im looking at a 2006 Freightliner classic with a c15 the OEM #on the decal is C01-00111-006. Iwant to know this engines repair and recall history ,where wold I find it or can you help me with info? VIN # *****
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

I can't access CAT via SIS, but I think Catman here can. I can access Freightliner and can pull up history through them for the chassis. I however can't provide the sheet via online due to customer info on the sheet and that is difficult to verify via the internet. I can say via Freightliner that there have been a few issues with this engine based on their history of work. It looks like there was a bottom end rebuild in June 2012. The clutch was done in 9/2010. There have been a few small odds and ends.

The best way to get a full history is through the Freightliner dealer. They can pull up the history and they would have CAT access if the dealer is a CAT certified shop.

Now if you go to ACCESS FREIGHTLINER (CLICK HERE) there is an owner option to be able to access all the history yourself. You can even pull up the CAT info. You will just need to sign up and prove you are the owner. It is easier to go to the dealer and register than to do it online a lot of times. Some dealers will tell you that you can;t, but you can. I have several owners that have accessed this way already and it doesn't cost anything for the owner to access this particular portal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this. did you stil need assistance with this? Thanks.