Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Working on a 2007 60 series 14L Detriot freigtiner Columbia

Customer Question

Working on a 2007 60 series 14L Detriot freigtiner Columbia engine brake does not work
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Did it just suddenly quit or were you having some other issues with it prior? Have you checked the basics like the power coming from the switch and/or hooked up the DDDL program to verify that the switch is showing engaged, no clutch activation signal or brake activation signal is seen on the Service Link or DDDL (engine) programs?

If all is good, then the solenoid is most likely bad in the engine. You will need to remove the valve cover and replace the solenoid that turns the engine brake on and off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello sir I guess the fuse was out and I also opened up top cover and activated them directly while on idle and they do activate but not strong at all like if they are not on at all I haven't conected the computer too it I didint get a chance to
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

If they work and are weak, then that is just a valve adjustment need. I would have an overhead done on the truck and it will resolve that issue for you.