Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My truck is a k104b with the eaton fuller autoshift 18speed

Customer Question

My truck is a k104b with the eaton fuller autoshift 18speed but its not working probably each time it needs to change a gear it flashes the up arrows on the dash and i gotta take my foot of the throttle for it to change into the next. Same with downshifting it show up down arrows on the dash and i gotta rev the truck for it to downshift. Is there anyway i can reset it so i can have the normal auto mode back?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Did this just start happening suddenly? You shouldn;t be doing that at all. The truck should be doing it for you by the signal from the TCM. I'm wondering if you have a software revision issue.

Did the engine get worked on at all by a engine dealer? They may have done an update on the ECM, but put the wrong on in for the truck. It is either that or the clutch is starting to go on the tranmssion and it isn't sending the signal to the transmission moodule that it is ready for a shift. The last is one ofthe shaft sensors could be bad.

Are you getting any codes at all by chance?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed my response, but didn't respond. Do you still need assistance? Thanks.