spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

2001 freightliner fl80 // low air buzzer not working

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Spanky,I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician with over 30+ years experienece that's dedicated
to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

FL uses a check valve inside there air tanks,,, so each tank is actually two tanks in one with the check valve in between them,,,your buzzer must be connected to the side of the tank that is not filling all the way up do to a failed internal check valve.

To find it I always install a fitting teed into tank drains so you can use a tire gage to check pressure,,once installed they can stay installed and you can see which tank needs replacing.

I have heard of guys removing all air from tanks,,remove discharge line of air drier,,pour some dexron atf fluid in line and put back on,,then build air again and see if that loosens up bad check valve,,,if not you would need to replace tank.

Any questions or problems let me know 'm happy to assist.

I'll add a picture of fitting you need to install to make it easier on next reply

Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Click here for fittings to install.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

If you would still like a phone call let me know and I will send you a cheaper offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not getting power to senser
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

If the tank is low on air it won't trip the switch that trips the relay to provide power.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Also some sensors work of ground you need to ohm out sensor and see if it goes from N/O To NC with and without air

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm not saying you don't know your profession !! but your advice was of no help to me. we will be taking the truck to a real mechanic... because i'm not !!!! we were hoping to be able to figure it out, this service will not be of any help to me.. no fault of yours.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Okay no problem lets just hope they figure it out quick.

You should see a self refund if you like or contact customer service if you placed any money down.

All the best

Thanks for trying us!