Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

I have a 2006 c 4500 iam getting a code p0087 and I have no

Customer Question

i have a 2006 c 4500 iam getting a code p0087 and I have no power going to fuel pump wont start
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

there is a bulletin from GM on the code p0087, on your truck

it is the fuel lines collapse when hot

Condition/Concern:
A dealer may need to perform a repair on the rubber portion of the fuel supply (suction) lines. The rubber section of the line could become kinked or collapse. Fuel lines that kink or collapse may induce a fuel system restriction (high vacuum gauge readings) or DTCs P0087, P0093, and/or P1093 to set.

If a technician was to suspect the rubber portion of the fuel feed line collapsing or kinking, replacement of only the rubber line is acceptable.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the steps below to repair the rubber section of fuel supply line:

•Carefully cut, split, and remove the OEM crimp from both ends of the flexible hose. These crimps can be cut with a small cut-off wheel. Split the crimp into two pieces (use your discretion on first cut location, then cut directly across from, or 180 degrees from first cut). Special care must be taken not to damage the flare on the end of the steel pipe that will be reused.
•Remove the OEM crimps and flexible portion of hose from the existing supply line.
•If replacing the rubber section of the supply line, a 1/2 ID hose meeting SAE specification 100R3 is suggested. Dealers may be able to find a local supplier for this hose, or can contact the manufacturer Parker Hannifin. The replacement hose would be a 1/2" diameter Parker part number 601-8 or H017-8. To find a local distributor the Parker website can be accessed at www.parker.com
•Use worm type hose clamps (use double clamps on each end) to attach the replacement hose to the existing pipe.
The locations of the flexible hoses are pictured below.

Hi, If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Do not use the Poor/Bad rating,

Click on the more info request

Thank You

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found my problem it was the fuel filter housing
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Morning

Good find, but you want to maybe check them lines for the GM bulletin