Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2009 freightliner bussness class m2 no left front blinker

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you have a "bh" code on the dash? Can I get that code? It will narrow down if the blinker isn't working due to harness, bulkhead module shutting it down, ground, etc.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no codes on dash
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That would leave an issue with the harness or the light socket itself since there are no codes. I'm presuming the rest of the light works? When you said you replaced the light module, are you referring to the lamp or the whole module (bulkhead) for the lights? With no power going to it, I would pin test the pin for the light. Since you already chased it, I'm presuming you already know the pin for it? If not, advise and I will get a pinout for you. It needs to be determined if there is power leaving the bulkhead.

Freightliner does have a recall on those fuse blocks above the driver tire. That little black box with the 3 connectors and the fuses. If there is any wetness, signs of corrosion at all, they have a notice to replace it for it causes low power to the bulkhead module causing all sorts of weird issues. Check that as well.