Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2012 freightliner cascadia with a commins engine.

Customer Question

Im from chicago and it gets very cold. I will like to install a Viper remote start. My question will be,
How can I bypass the clutch safety switch?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help you. I understand you are looking for information to assist you in installing a remote starter. However, I would like to suggest an alternative that might fit your needs better. I work for Washington D.C.'s transit system and every bus has a Cummins engine equipped with an ProHeat diesel burning auxiliary heater. These units are very efficient at rapidly heating the cooling system without having to run the engine. The company makes a unit especially for trucks such as yours. The most popular being the ProHeat X45. Although it costs about $2300, you generally will save that amount in fuel costs over two years.

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

One of the best features is that you can program when and how long the system stays on based on time or outside temps. However, if you would still like to get info on bypassing your clutch, please let me know and I will release your question for another expert to answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like to get my ? Answered. Not interested
in your suggestions
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Someone will respond to your inquiry.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Would a wiring diagram help you ? If so , can we start with the full vin number please and I will try and locate the starting diagram and help with this . Thanks .