Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Trans will throw fault code erattitc only when abs light

Customer Question

Trans will throw fault code erattitc only when abs light comes on and also when coming to a stop
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
truck then will not go into gear I have to rev motor to get code cleared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no response to my question yet 57 dollars paid
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models if there is a transmission shifting issue that occurs when the ABS light is on this can indicate a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending a false wheel speed signal or vehicle speed sensor sending a false vehicle speed signal.I would have these signals checked (usually done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers) to see if any of these sensors are the cause here needing replaced or if there is any sensor wiring needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.