Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Freightliner century 2007 just touch temperature control in

Customer Question

freightliner century 2007 just touch temperature control in the cab, and hot air start blows ,i manipulate back ford up down and hot air stops. But i cant mix the air i have hot or cold .So hot air is blowing even on cold position, when i push down temp control,back and ford somehow i have cold air again.this is happening with a/c on or off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this started to occur or is occuring just touching the heater/ac control panel this can be a fault with the control panel itself needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have seen some of these act up/fail in the past before needing replaced to correct a fault like this here.If this is not what is occuring here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answer. your suggestion is to replace temp control module. Could be bad heater control valve also?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Just to be sure is this occuring or are you able to change settings just by bumping or lightly touching the control on the dash?