Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Im getting flash codes 13 and 32 on my c15 acert. Could you

Customer Question

Hey im getting flash codes 13 and 32 on my c15 acert. Could you tell me what they mean?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.

Code 13 is defined as a theft deterrent code. This code should only occur with a dash mounted Cat display that uses a theft start password.

Code 32 is defined as an invalid throttle position sensor signal. This is often caused by a bad throttle position sensor. Or damaged wiring.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm not totally sure but its possible that its flash code 45. I'm not positive if its one code or2 codes. Could you tell me wat 45 stands for?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

I see. Thanks for the information. Actually there isn't a code 45. Sorry.

What kind of problem are you having? Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not having any problems except th check engine light is slowly flashing like its on for 3 seconds an then a short flash
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

I see. Thanks for the information.

So it's coming on while driving?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also when parked, idling and also with the engine off as long as ignition is on
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

I see. Thanks for the information. If the light is coming on while driving. There is definetely a code. It must not be anything major if the engine is running good. You may want to have the ECM read with a service tool to confirm the code.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.