Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Hows it going i got the same issue with a vt275 engine

Customer Question

hey hows it going andy i got the same issue with a vt275 engine
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Thanks for requesting me . Can you please take a picture and attach it to this chat ? Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here you go
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlvrfut87a95phr/AAAr8BDdcR7iX1zm-_0ZE1pMa?dl=0

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I am gonna say no it should not be leaking from there . The only opening in the high pressure injection system should be the IPR valve .

I sent the manual to you as well if needed .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Here is the service manual too !

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5p5oyrfiy7b9gqj/AAAkXfOxCPWSgJbbD_Ez59Wwa?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im going to take a look at it. one thing i did notice they put regular motor oil and ran it for a while with it. when i drained it it was very thin not like diesel motor oil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there isnt any oil pressure so i need to check first to see if we even got oil pressure from the low pressure pump
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean 10w30 oil ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i believe it was 10w30 but it feels really diluted
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

As far as I know , there should be no leaks anywhere in the high pressure injection system anywhere .... Only at the IPR valve which is what the ECM uses to regualte the control pressure to what it needs for the current demands on the engine at that give time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt seem like diesel either just in case any injectors leaking
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I would drain the oil and watch for any excessive metal in the oil . Replace the filter and perhaps even cut the filter open to inspect for metal debris. If nothing is found , or very little, then I would fill with 15w40 and try it out .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with my diagnostic tool im getting 0 psi of oil pressure and the injection pressure is at around 58 psi :(
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried with a mechanical gauge to check oil pressure ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Looking for an update ! Any luck ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to rate my service ! Feedback important and Bonus is appreciated too . I believe I have helped you but if you need something more , please update the posts. Thank you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey hows it going yes you definately did im sorry but i been up to my neck in work i just got back to this truck we have no oil pressure at cranking checked with manual gage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible low pressure pump is faulty
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean oil pressure from engine lubrication oil pump ? or the high pressure injection oil pump ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

If you want ,we can continue this on Skype audio

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the lubrication oil pump we arent getting any pressure out of
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok have you drained the oil to see if there is any damage ? Any metal debris ? What about the oil filter ? Have we cut it open to check for metal debris? This would indicate wether there is damage internally from no oil pressure. Also, because there is no oil pressure , it will not fill the reservoir for the high pressure injection pump .