How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andy Your Own Question
Andy
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Satisfied Customers: 1571
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
Type Your Medium and Heavy Trucks Question Here...
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hows it going i got the same issue with a vt275 engine

Customer Question

hey hows it going andy i got the same issue with a vt275 engine
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Thanks for requesting me . Can you please take a picture and attach it to this chat ? Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlvrfut87a95phr/AAAr8BDdcR7iX1zm-_0ZE1pMa?dl=0

I am gonna say no it should not be leaking from there . The only opening in the high pressure injection system should be the IPR valve .

I sent the manual to you as well if needed .

Here is the service manual too !

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5p5oyrfiy7b9gqj/AAAkXfOxCPWSgJbbD_Ez59Wwa?dl=0

ok im going to take a look at it. one thing i did notice they put regular motor oil and ran it for a while with it. when i drained it it was very thin not like diesel motor oil
there isnt any oil pressure so i need to check first to see if we even got oil pressure from the low pressure pump

Do you mean 10w30 oil ?

i believe it was 10w30 but it feels really diluted

As far as I know , there should be no leaks anywhere in the high pressure injection system anywhere .... Only at the IPR valve which is what the ECM uses to regualte the control pressure to what it needs for the current demands on the engine at that give time.

it doesnt seem like diesel either just in case any injectors leaking

I would drain the oil and watch for any excessive metal in the oil . Replace the filter and perhaps even cut the filter open to inspect for metal debris. If nothing is found , or very little, then I would fill with 15w40 and try it out .

with my diagnostic tool im getting 0 psi of oil pressure and the injection pressure is at around 58 psi :(

Have you tried with a mechanical gauge to check oil pressure ?

Hi there ! Looking for an update ! Any luck ?

Please do not forget to rate my service ! Feedback important and Bonus is appreciated too . I believe I have helped you but if you need something more , please update the posts. Thank you .

hey hows it going yes you definately did im sorry but i been up to my neck in work i just got back to this truck we have no oil pressure at cranking checked with manual gage
is it possible low pressure pump is faulty

Do you mean oil pressure from engine lubrication oil pump ? or the high pressure injection oil pump ?

If you want ,we can continue this on Skype audio

its the lubrication oil pump we arent getting any pressure out of

Ok have you drained the oil to see if there is any damage ? Any metal debris ? What about the oil filter ? Have we cut it open to check for metal debris? This would indicate wether there is damage internally from no oil pressure. Also, because there is no oil pressure , it will not fill the reservoir for the high pressure injection pump .