Jim
Jim, Technician
Experience:  U.S. Army Diesel tech. Owner of truck facility specializing in all diesel engines
69679083

I am losing antifreeze quickly. Driving down the road I have

Customer Question

I am losing antifreeze quickly. Driving down the road I have to add a gallon every 100 miles. Getting a small amount of oil in radiator. Replaced oil cooler traces of where it was leaking oil. Thought it was head gasket but put gauge on radiator showing about 8 pounds of pressure not losing fluids idling. Can't see where the water is going, not in oil no indication of leaks on motor.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will try to help you with this. There is about a 90% chance that your egr cooler may be leaking internally and a small amount of coolant is going into your intake and out your exhaust while driving. I can give you a test procedure that should help you narrow it down.