Geoff
Geoff, Technician
Experience:  Fleet Maintenance Training Instructor at Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
11959872

08 Kenworth T300 cummins engine / no codes / when truck is

Customer Question

08 Kenworth T300 cummins engine / no codes / when truck is in neutral and you push on accelerator rpms will only go to 1500 rpms , but you can run the rpms up with the cruise or if you put in gear and start driving rpms will go up to 2500 rpms
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody looking , hello
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to assist you. First, can I get your engine serial number, found on the engine data plate? Just to make sure I'm understanding your issue, you're trying to increase engine speed while in neutral and it will only go to 1500, otherwise there are no performance issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we are a repair shop , and I thought I would be able to talk with someone right away but I never received your reply about serial # ***** late in afternoon, I need to be able to talk with someone right away so unfortunately the truck is not here , it will be coming back in later this week.
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

I apologize no one was able to get to your question sooner. I work during the day and typically make myself available on this site in the evening. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.