Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2006 freightliner Columbia just replace the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 freightliner Columbia just replace the compressor and dryer wh we n I turn on the ac the fan stay on and a day after the compressor clutch just start spin and stop ... can you help,me
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Spanky is not available at the moment. I can assist you if you like?

Can you please explain a bit more of what you did when you replaced the A/C compressor? Why was the compressor changed? Was the system checked for leaks with dye? Was the system vacuumed and charged to spec? Has the system been checked for leaks since the compressor is not cycling? Have you hooked up any gauges to get the readings of the refrigerant levels?

I ask because compressor cycling is a good indicator of either a leak in the system causing the refrigerant level to get too low or the expansion valve being bad and causing the system to freeze up at the evaporator.

The fan being on constant is a good indicator of air in the system causing the pressure to read to high on the high pressure switch or the switch is bad or a bad expansion valve or the temps are just really high outside.

When the compressor was changed, was the entire system flushed? Was the expansion valve and the drier changed? These items should be changed with every single compressor change for the job to be done right. Was the condenser changed? (Note, on a R134 system, if compressor failed and metal got into the system, the condenser must always be changed or it will cause a high head pressure issue and failed/cycling compressor)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy