Geoff
Geoff, Technician
Experience:  Fleet Maintenance Training Instructor at Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
11959872

2006 ford F750 with 5.9 cummins and Allison auto. No

Customer Question

2006 ford F750 with 5.9 cummins and Allison auto. No throttle response in drive. Do in reverse and neutral
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to assist you.

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

First, can you provide the engine serial number as well as which Allison trans you have?

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

I don't need the trans serial number, just B400, B500, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen WTEC, etc.

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

How were you able to retrieve fault codes? When you select a forward range, do you feel the trans grab that range?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a pro logic heavy duty scan tool is how I was able to retrieve code. As far as the serial or exact transmission I do not have at the moment. The transmission does engage in forward mode. It seems to grab harder than before this problem. Even tried D, 4, 3, 2, 1 on the transmission forward range. We unhooked batteries for 5 minutes to reset everything. Initially we had a throttle response in forward range. This went away after about a minute. Have a throttle response in neutral, and reverse. No throttle in forward, just idle.
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Are there any transmission codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are not any
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Since this code involves the output speed sensor on the trans, you should inspect that first. On most Allison transmissions that would be in your vehicle, this is an external sensor located next to the output shaft. Check the sensor resistance. It should be less than 10 ohms. To get more detailed info for this transmission I will need to know which one you have.