Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  Experience with RV application including chassis systems - especially CAT and Cummins.
3862310

Meritor mo15g10am15008 rance selector selects whn it wants

Customer Question

meritor mo15g10am15008 rance selector selects whn it wants to after i select range, some times selects well and other times after I select it will sit there for 30 seconds sometimes more sometimes less. when the truck is parked it selects better, as soosn as u start driving thats when all troubles degin, Very frustrating. please help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

So I seen your question and have a source at meritor and got some info for you on this....... Below are the comments.....

That’s an air/electric range shift system. The most likely cause is the neutral switch. It lets the system know that the trans is in neutral so it can shift ranges. The problem was they would stop working when they heated up. If you check them cold they read ok but when they warmed up they were erratic . they are easy to change since they are on the top cover. See circled item on attached picture. That’s the most common cause of what was described, but it could be at least six other things to cause the problem. MM 99106 covers all the trouble shooting for the range shift system on the G series trans. It is available from the Meritor Literature on Demand web site.

Hope this helps.... Robert