Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I just changed the oil in my semi and the oil pressure

Customer Question

I just changed the oil in my semi and the oil pressure climbs right up to 120 psi?? Why is it doing this??
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

I would suspect there is a faulty oil pressure sensor. I have seen this before. Changing the oil should in not raise the oil pressure like that. The only thing I have seen cause oil pressure to be that high is a faulty oil pump that has a stuck closed relief valve.

I would suspect the oil pressure sensor is faulty.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the wrong filters possibly cause this problem?? I didn't buy them,, just installed but the filters were a different brand and different number on them
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

No I would not suspect wrong filters would cause this. If the filters fitted correctly on. They should not cause a high oil pressure reading.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.