Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2006 185, it has no power when when starting from a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 185, it has no power when when starting from a complete stop. if it is on a incline it has no power and takes along time to get any speed.
in park and neutral it idles around 750 rpm. as soon as it gets put in gear it drops to just under 600
dont have a hino scan tool so we took it to the dealer. they said it is definitely injectors. they did those and it isn't fixed. took it back. they replaced the suction control valve
still not fixed. now $4000 into fixing this problem. have no confidence in my dealer any more
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common issue I have seen cause a lack of power as you have described here is a restriction with one of the exhaust components like a catalytic converter or resonator or in some cases even a muffler or damaged exhaust pipes.If the exhaust has not been checked for any damage this needs done and if a fault is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this here.If the exhaust appears o.k. I would have a back pressure test done to see if any of the internal exhaust components are at fault needing replaced to correct this.

If this is found to be o.k. I would have the fuel injection pump tested to make sure it is o.k. as well as any fuel lines for any restrictions or damage to them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.