Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

2007 international 4300 dt466e, engine warn light is on. my

Customer Question

2007 international 4300 dt466e , engine warn light is on. my handheld scanner gives me 128 155 7 sid engine #1 system diagnostic code #5 mechanical system not responding properly
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

DTC 543
ECM / IDM communications fault

• DTC 543 is set by the ECM when the ECM is not communicating with the IDM.
  • DTC 543 can be set when CAN 2 datalink J1939 between ECM and IDM is shorted to ground, V REF , or battery or the circuit is open. If IDM power is low, DTC 543 can be set.
  • When DTC 543 is active the amber ENGINE lamp is illuminated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any schematics and or computer pin diagrams i can use for futher diagnosis?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ncfwuijzv0arl9h/AAA-KcFzaLdsPOuPsgKqKGUNa?dl=0

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Technical Glitch locked me on this when I am not working it. Please disregard. It won;t unlock me for some reason unless I make a response. Have a good day! Issue is being reported now.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Andy here again ! Sorry about technical issue there . Any luck with the diagram I sent you ? Do you need more assistance ? Let me know ! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, the diagram is awesome its gonna be Monday before i can get back to check things out. Thank you
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear it! I'll be looking for an update on Monday to see how things are going. Good luck! Talk to you soon.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . Any luck ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the issue with the truck the plug going into the IDM module was loose and wont lock in. Trying to find someone that will be able to look up the plug, but the international dealer is having trouble finding it. Its the first plug on the IDM, there are 3 plugs total
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will try and find it!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I can't seem to find it either ! It must because it is part of the engine harness . I work for a dealer and we can look up any connector on the chassis but we cannot look up the engine harness connectors .