Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2009 Volvo truck vnl670, my problem is that my

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Volvo truck vnl670, my problem is that my parking lights turn off only when the truck is on, if it is off the lights work properly regardless of the position the key is in.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear parking lights
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This doesn't sound like a wiring short issue here or light control switch causing this but what will cause this in some cases is a control unit that operates the lights.I don't have the specifics if your model uses a control unit for the lights but allot of models do and this control unit can fail internally causing this issue here.Unfortunately this will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause and to locate any other issues then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I figured it out apparently some lighting that I had added in the front cause the problem the truck computer detected a higher amperage draw and shut down the circuit, thank you for your help though.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else in the future let us know.

Thanks Pete