Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Have a Detroit Series 60 in a 94 Peterbilt with the stop

Customer Question

Have a Detroit Series 60 in a 94 Peterbilt with the stop engine light on. Pulls codes 14, 16, 25 and 43. Replaced bottom sensor on the back drivers side of the engine second one down, oil temp? has a straight two prong plug on it. When I unplug the one above it with the 90 degree 2 prong plug the check engine light comes on so guess that one is working OK. Coolant tank is full, replaced low coolant sensor in tank, topped off leaked fluid and light is still on. Are the coolant temp sensors one of the 3 on the passenger side of the engine toward the back on the head just above the exhaust manifold? Front two have single wire connections and the back one has a plug.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil pressure gauge reads fine, oil temp and coolant temp also read fine but Im thinking the computer may have different sensors that the gauges????
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

These all show the sensors as being in a high state. The issue will be in the harness somewhere. They are getting cross feed in or the plug going to the ECM is corroded, maybe even the ECM itself. Check the harness going to the ECM and see if it has oil pushing through it or coolant. Clean the ECM pins with electrical contact cleaner that you can get from the parts store and see if that helps. Otherwise, voltage test the pins at the sensors and see if you have higher than 5 volts on any of them. Then test the other pins for a full ground. If they are reading different, be ready to replace the harness if the ECM tests to be good.

HERE is a card for the codes for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy