Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

On an 06 Mxs c15, what does the Iva do?

Customer Question

On an 06 Mxs c15, what does the Iva do ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hi Adam. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.

IVA stands for Intake Valve Actuator. These are used to hold open the intake valve at the beginning of the compression stroke in order to lower cylinder temp. This is done at low RPM's under load to help reduce NOX emissions.

Yes it sounds like you are on the right path. I see code 95 all the time. It's kinda a know problem on these engines. Replacing the Iva solenoids for code 93 should take care of that problem.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.