Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have an 05 m2 the Tach / speedo go out in the dash and the

Customer Question

I have an 05 m2 the Tach / speedo go out in the dash and the abs light comes on in dash, sometimes. We have been over the powers and grounds to the cluster (not when screwing up) but can not duplicate the problem When i screws up if you turn the key off and back on it goes back to working any thoughts
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Are you getting any bh or icu codes on the cluster?

This will help determine if the issue is happening in the module or if there is another issue, like the cluster itself.

Can I get the full 13 digit VIN (I can't look up last 8 in my system) for this so I can see if DDSCN (Freightliner) has a diagnostic sheet for the cluster to do without a computer?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Vin is # *****
When the dash screws up the voltage under the odometer reads o
It seem to be cold when we went out to check this morning it acted up
The dash said (in odo) no engine, no abs, then 1587
We individual removed the key power, two different battery power, and two ground wires to the cluster and could not duplicate
the problem, thanks for the help
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

It sounds to be in the cluster itself. The module in it is acting up.

Do you have Freightliner Service Link by chance where you can run a diagnostic test on the module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Service LinkWe are leaning that way also
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Well, bummer. Service Link would help for you can move the cluster, tap the wires, etc and find the short that way.

I would send the cluster off for testing and replacement. Make sure to have the mileage and VIN when you do it so they can program the new one and all you will have to do is plug in and go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you recommend a place to send it out
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Contact the south store CLICK HERE and ask for Art. He can give you places near you to send it to that are non-Freightliner so you don't pay a huge price. Even though this location is under the Freightliner name, they are independent owned, not Freightliner owned.