Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2013 model Mitsubishi Fuso FK 600 truck, I need to

Customer Question

I have a 2013 model Mitsubishi Fuso FK 600 truck, I need to fit an emergency engine shutdown switch and need some assistance to identify which wire at the ECM is the engine shutdown signal and does it use a ground or a hot signal?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Does the shut off have to tap nto the ECM? Once you tap that wire, it will throw codes left and right because the resistance has changed.

If it is a kill switch, I suggest either installing on the lift pump since it only gets a 12 volt voltage and the ground is signaled from the ECM. Other option is the ECM fuse in the fuse box for it gets only a 12 volt signal. That is all the ECM is looking for.

Last is just tapping directly on the ignition switch. These will keepo the vehicle from coding.

If it has to be the ECM, It will be pins 91 and 69. Pin 91 will have a Br colored wire and 69 will have a LR colored wire. 91 is positive in and 69 is ground out.

If you decide to go off the ignition switch, yellow wire is your positive feed and the white will be ground.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy,
I think the info you've provided is for a different truck, for starters my truck is 24v. The pinouts you have given for my ecm are incorrect and the wires a different colour. Im in Australia so our models are possibly different. How do I get my money back from justanswer as I've found the correct manual available at a lesser cost than this question? Happy to give you a 5 start rating if you can help with this request
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

You question showed that you are a US customer so I did provide the US model info, which is 12 volt instead of 24 volt.

I will request that this be closed and reimbursed for you. Thanks for allowing me to try.

Habe a great day.