Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Fault code Samchs 071 spn520603 lamp- tail television 04.

Customer Question

Fault code Samchs 071 spn520603 lamp- tail television 04. Trailer lower running lights and rear lights not working. Upper light around trailer work . Flasher work, brake lights work, Freight liner cascading 2011
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this.

That code is trailer lamps are shorted to high source.

The chassis module has built in circuits to shut the circuit down when you have a short in the trailer. Try unplugging the trailer then turn the key off, then back on and see if the code clears. If so, then you will need to check the trailer tail lights and the wiring on the trailer to see what the fault is. It is usually a light burnt out or a open wire somewhere. The pigtail can also cause this.

If the code remains, then check the fuse and the relay. They are located on the firewall, driver side in the chassis module. It's a black box with rectangular connectors going to it. Remove the cover and that is for the chassis electrical system. The cover should be labeled to identify which fuse and relay do what. Relay 7 should be the trailer tail lights. Sometimes the main power switch has to be cycled off for a minute and back on to get the code to reset.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy