spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have an 06 freightliner with a ddec 5 and can only build

Customer Question

I have an 06 freightliner with a ddec 5 and can only build 60 psi. What do I need to fix it?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Take a spray bottle filled with soapy water and spray down entire air compressor discharge line with engine running looking for bubbles,,,over time the inside of the line comes apart and leaks out, the only problem is you can't hear the leak over engine noise so this will check that.

If that checks out use shop air with a rubber tip blow gun to see if it fills to 120 psi going through air compressor discharge line,,(you must remove line to blow air in) Its the top line on air compressor.

If air builds normally to 60 psi then stops let me know it may be another issue.

Thanks