Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 04 Chevy c5500 with a U0100 code coming on when it

Customer Question

I have a 04 Chevy c5500 with a U0100 code coming on when it is driven down the road a few miles. When the code comes on it is when the truck is braking and it downshifts hard like its in "limp mode" and the service transmission light comes on. Any thoughts?
04 Chevy c5500
Allison Transmission 1000
6.6 turbo diesel
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

It looks like this was in the light duty category and they just moved it over this one, medium/heavy duty trucks a few minutes ago.

U0100 - Lost Communication With Engine Control Module

- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection

This code will cause the transmission to act up because there is no communication going on.

Start checking the harness and the pins for any oil, corrosion, etc at the ecm to make sure there are no issues there. Check the pins for good power going to the ECM. Check the Orange, red, and blue wires. Those are the power in wires. See that they all have a good 12 volts on all of them.

If so, then send the ECM/PCM out for testing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you looked at my response. Just following up to see if you needed any more assistance. Thanks.